Sedona Shakespeare Company is delighted for you to join us for a SchoolFest Student Matinee! Please review the following information with your students before your visit to the theatre.
• When you arrive at the theatre, please take a moment to use the restrooms. Once the performance begins, we ask that you stay seated. Some productions have an intermission in the middle of the play, and you will be allowed to take a bathroom break at that time.
• Sedona Shakespeare Company is a community theatre. Treat the facility as you would a museum or historical site: leave food, drinks, and gum at home, and please keep your feet off the seats inside the theatre.
• Live performances require a present, attentive audience. You are encouraged to respond appropriately to the performance: laugh if it’s funny, cry if it’s sad. Remember that the actors can hear and even see you, so make sure that your reactions positively impact the performance.
• Cell phones, and any other devices that light up or make noise are distracting to your fellow audience members and the actors on stage. Please keep all electronics off and stowed away during the performance.
• Chaperones are encouraged to help students exhibit positive behavior during the performance. We ask that chaperones intersperse themselves amongst the students.
Please provide the Chaperone Expectations sheet to all parents, teachers, and school staff attending the performance.
In exchange for a free chaperone ticket per 15 students, chaperones are responsible for the supervision of the students under their care before, during and after the performance.
Chaperones and teachers are responsible for getting students safely inside the building. Once inside, the lead teacher on the field trip should check in with our staff and confirm the following information:
• The number of students and chaperones in attendance today
• If the group is staying
• Any dismissal or accessibility needs
If your school group is staying for the talkback, please stay seated after the curtain call. A representative from SSC will be out shortly to begin the conversation. If your school group needs to leave immediately after the performance, please do so quietly and encourage chaperones to lead students safely to their transportation.